Release Team BoF Summary

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 12:31:35 UTC 2012

Le jeudi 12 juillet 2012 20:43:12 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> So here comes the summary of the Release Team BoF, the attached picture is
> all we wrote during the BoF itself so all written here is me trying to
> remember what we said, if any of the presents disagrees or remembers more,
> please do not hesitate to comment.

Something which we discussed in the KDE Quality BoF and is of interest to the
KDE Release Team is the numbering of unstable versions.

Up to now we have been using 4.N.8* and 4.N.9* for alpha, beta and rc. The
problem with those is it is difficult when you get a report on 4.8.85 to know if
the user is running beta1, beta2, rc1 or something else.

To address this we proposed the following numbering scheme:

4.N.7{1,2,3} => N+1 alpha 1, 2, 3
4.N.8{1,2,3} => N+1 beta 1, 2, 3
4.N.9{1,2,3} => N+1 rc 1, 2, 3

With this scheme, 4.10 alpha 1 would be 4.9.71, 4.10 beta 2 would be 4.9.82

Aurélien