Release Team BoF Summary

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 11:26:14 UTC 2012

On Friday 13 July 2012 12:37:19 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On 13.07.2012 08:14, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 July 2012 23:23:39 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >> El Dijous, 12 de juliol de 2012, a les 17:06:12, Allen Winter va
> >>
> >> escriure:
> >>
> >> with

> >> and then

> >> The idea is cool, problem is always forcing people to follow it :D
> >
> > random ideas to get devs motivated:
> [...]
>
> > * once soft freeze is in place use git-hook to enforce that commits
> > need a bug
> > number (either it's a bugfix or it's a feature which needs to be
> > listed in
> > bugzilla)
>
> -1 for this last part. As I see it this will only decrease the
> motivation for fixing bugs as you find them since you will need to
> either find the report in bugzilla or create a new report just to close
> it a minute later.
Concerning the first point I hope that till we would start with that once our
bugtracker is cleaned up, so the developer would a) know what is in there b)
has an interest to actually close the bug report as otherwise it would just
start to get useless again.

Second concern is of course really important as it would look like bureaucracy
to a dev. But if a developer finds a bug himself in the freeze state there is
something wrong. I hope that till then we have a quality team which finds the
issues early. Btw. I create bug reports when I find a bug which I fix myself.

So yeah something like this can only be done once the bugtracker is in a
useable state and till there I agree on the -1.

Cheers
Martin Gräßlin