KDE 4.8.5 planning

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sat Jul 7 11:34:07 UTC 2012

> > > Also, *before* you start doing partial releases, please present an exact
> > > definition of the dependencies *between versions*.
> >
> > As i see that you are on the release-team list. May i ask why you voice
> > your objections the exact same moment someone wants to try something we
> > discussed here on the list for quite some time instead of actively
> > participating this to the discussion before?
>
> So, where has this been discussed before? Are you refering to the split
> release proposal between frameworks, workspaces and apps? If so, that's at
> the earliest post Frameworks 5 material, but as there is no firm support
> for that, I suppose even Frameworks 5 timeframe will still see our
> monolithic releases, until we decide (not just discuss!) to do otherwise.
>
> If it's about something else, could you provide a pointer, because I seem to
> have missed that discussion.

Let me point you to the discussion.

The discussion is on this list. Can't find it? It is called release script.

It is my attempt to hammer out with everyone involved what releasing really
means. To get people to talk about what changes are needed to make live easier
for kde, kde-packagers, distro-packages and really anyone.

So whe can automate it and everyone is happy.

You got each and every mail of the discussion since you are subscribed. Ok. A
few are kde-buildsystem only.

Since Andreas took my hint and provided some helpful insights it is now quite
a big thread.  About 30 emails on this list. Hard to miss.

So you chose to not read the discussion? Or failed to understand? Or already
forgot? Is this list so high volume you have to skip some?

So i am still wondering what this mailing list brings to the table. Noone
seems to read it. If they do they do not care enough to contribute until
called out.

And the people on this list are the ones that should care.

Which leaves me wondering why i care.

Mike