KDE 4.8.0 tarballs (try#1)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 23:14:26 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 18 January 2012 4:56:10 PM Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2012 4:01:49 PM Dirk Mueller wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't even smoketest them yet, but I just finished generating and uploading
> > the first set of 4.8.0 tarballs.
> >
> > Please report any blocker issues or compilation issues either to kde-packager
> > or release-team
> >
> There is a known problem with a combination of kdepim and a recent akonadi server
> which breaks searching in KMail (and other apps that rely on Akonadi+Nepomuk for
> search info)
>
> A fix is coming as soon as possible, but I'm not sure exactly when.
>
> So.. I might ask Dirk to add a commit to the kdepim tarball.
> Or I might ask the packagers to add a commit to their distros.
> Or... I'm not sure.  but searching is really a pretty basic requirement
> so I'd like to make sure it works for kdepim 4.8.0
>
> I'll keep everyone informed.

Current status report:
 - a small patch for kdepim should be available in the next day, so I'm hoping Dirk can
   add it to the kdepim-4.8.0 tarball
 - a new Akonadi server will also become available, this weekend I think.

both of these together will be needed to give decent search in kdepim 4.8.0

more info coming as soon as I know it...