Additional commit for 4.8.0 in KWin

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 15:12:58 UTC 2012

Hi all,

over the last days we investigated a regression in KWin causing high CPU
usage. The problem exists in the combination of any effect animating closing
windows and a window being closed before it became visible at all. In such a
case the effects would trigger repaints till KWin gets restarted. This strange
situation can be triggered by opening Amarok.

Today Philipp finally identified the root cause and fixed it with
d07964e0af95911a97c3f474b694570cb279878c [1]

We think that this fix is important enough to be included into the 4.8.0
release even after tagging and would appreciate if the release team could take
care of it.

Kind Regards
Martin Gräßlin

[1] http://commits.kde.org/kde-
workspace/d07964e0af95911a97c3f474b694570cb279878c