Release Candidate 2 and regressions

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 4 22:11:38 UTC 2012

On Monday 02 January 2012 12:19:45 Martin Koller wrote:
> On Monday, 2. January 2012 11:37:45 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > We could recommend switching to WebKit, or make this the default
> > engine in Konqueror, but best is probably to talk to the KHTML guys about
> > this.

kwebkitpart takes precedence over khtmlpart nowadays, when installed.
(at least for new users, or anyone who hasn't configured the text/html part
preference order)

> The second problem with WebKit in konqueror is, when using it, you lose some
> functionality you have when using khtml, e.g. the Tools menu in konqueror
> has much less entries (HTML settings, validation, Adblock, ...)

Validators are available (you might have to enable them in "configure
extensions"). The other features are khtml settings indeed, not available with
kwebkitpart. On the other hand, being able to render Atlassian tools (jira,
confluence, etc.) is a pretty good reason for using kwebkitpart...
Anyway, that part of the discussion is a bit off-topic here. (->webkit-devel@).

To come back to the topic of the thread: I'm confused; if the kmail
screenshots are from kmail2, they are unrelated to khtml, so where are the bug
reports relating to it? Or were they from kmail1?

Thanks for your RC testing, in any case, much appreciated.