4.9 Release schedule

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Feb 8 07:06:44 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 07 February 2012 23:03:57 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi guys, are we releasing 4.9?
>
> Last i heard the Frameworks guys were aiming at some kind of release around
> Akademy time (which is kind of the same time we'd release 4.9 in a 6 months
> cycle). Obviously this means that either:
>  a) We release 4.9 not using frameworks at all (and using kdelibs 4.8
> renamed to 4.9 like we did this time)
>  b) We wait until frameworks is out
>
> I'm leaning towards a) since b) might end up meaning an undefinite delay.
>
> Opinions?

Definitely go for (a), if we do a release of Frameworks around Akademy that
will be a technology preview to test the water and detect what might be
missing. You'd still need to start porting apps to Qt5 and KF5 itself after
that, etc. Definitely not 4.9 material IMO.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net