Application version numbers, SC version numbers and FIXED-IN

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Dec 27 22:42:15 UTC 2012

El Dijous, 27 de desembre de 2012, a les 16:16:55, Allen Winter va escriure:
> On Thursday 27 December 2012 11:57:28 AM Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Gwenview version number is 2.x.y, where x.y follows KDE SC 4.x.y (meaning
> > KDE SC 4.9.5 ships Gwenview 2.9.5).
> >
> > Until now we have been using Gwenview version numbers for Bugzilla
> > FIXED-IN
> > fields but it has been brought to my attention that doing so means
> > Gwenview
> > fixes do not get listed in the Bugzilla link.
> >
> > We could get rid of the notion of Gwenview version numbers and just use
> > KDE SC version numbers, but I don't think this would work for example for
> > KMail.
> For the record, most kdepim apps use the same version number as KDE SC.
> Including KMail2, KOrganizer, Akregator, KAddressbook...
>
> > Is there an established policy for this?
>
> Not to my knowledge.
>
> > Should we use KDE SC version numbers in the FIXED-IN field?
>
> Good question.
>
> The definition of "Version Fixed In" is "A custom Free Text field in this
> installation of KDE Bugtracking System." Therefore, you could put the KDE
> SC version *and* the Gwenview version both.

The problem with this is that then the bugzilla query we use to create "the
changelog" won't work, e.g
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=2011-06-01&chfieldto=Now&chfield=cf_versionfixedin&chfieldvalue=4.9.4&cmdtype=doit&order=Bug+Number&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

You could argue that this is the fault of the query not being good enough, and
i'd agree, but not sure how we can improve this situation.