Application version numbers, SC version numbers and FIXED-IN

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Dec 27 10:57:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

Gwenview version number is 2.x.y, where x.y follows KDE SC 4.x.y (meaning KDE
SC 4.9.5 ships Gwenview 2.9.5).

Until now we have been using Gwenview version numbers for Bugzilla FIXED-IN
fields but it has been brought to my attention that doing so means Gwenview
fixes do not get listed in the Bugzilla link.

We could get rid of the notion of Gwenview version numbers and just use KDE SC
version numbers, but I don't think this would work for example for KMail. Is
there an established policy for this? Should we use KDE SC version numbers in
the FIXED-IN field?

Aurélien