Release schedule timing presentation

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Wed Apr 4 09:47:53 UTC 2012

The timing on the release schedule* is confusing.

Eg "1.25 Tuesday, April 3, 2012: KDE SC 4.8.2 release" - you'd think we were
going to release yesterday. So I enabled publishing on our repo.

But according to Dirk, to clarify developer uncertainty about how late on
tagging day one can commit, the following phrase was inserted

"All deadlines are due 23:59 UTC, but if you need a few more hours, notify
someone from the release team."

which puts 4.8.2 being released at earliest at Wednesday April 4 01:59 CEST,
if you count a release as a deadline.

I'd like to separate the code freeze/tagging deadlines from the release
schedule so that users, press and idiot distributors like myself can easily
see when things should happen

IIRC there is a script to generate the schedule, anyone know where it is?

Will

*http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.8_Release_Schedule