adding a QA responsibility to the release team??

Rex Dieter rdieter at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 18 18:21:33 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 11:59 AM, Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:

> So,i propose a new timeline addition in which we will check our tarballs
> better and a new bugzilla compoment in which we will be able to
> report regressions and critical bugs which hasn't been fixed.

There's already a week between initial tarball creation (for packagers)
and official release.  Are you proposing making this longer? or... some
other workflow?

2 additional comments:
* I think it may be unwise to conflate release engineering with QA, they
really are 2 distinct items (though obviously interelated).
* I'm also of a mind there's no special need for additional bugzilla
components... in the past, when/if regressions or blockers identified in
our "week", they were dealt-with appropriately.

-- rex