Fwd: Requesting freeze exception for JtG

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Nov 26 13:09:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

>> From my first e-mail:
>>
>> --8<---
> (snip)
>> --8<---
>>
>> Also, making the patch non-invasive means the visibility of Join the
>> Game plummets.
>>
>> I'm quite disappointed people have spent more time answering e-mails
>> than testing the code.
>
> Please. We all read your first e-mail. However, I'd like to point out that you
> are the one trying to get around the well-known rules.

Yes, the rules are well-known... But I feel that exceptions can and should
be made if the cause warrants it. This is a cause that warrants an
exception, after all, who hasn't benefitted from the sprints that KDE e.V.
sponsors? A little flexibility, a little actual testing of the patch
would be much more useful than stubbornly maintaining that
rules are rules.

Boudewijn