Fwd: Requesting freeze exception for JtG

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Nov 24 14:04:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 00:07:55 Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>> I'm a Debian developer myself and part of the Qt-KDE packaging team. I
>> know the implications of code in packaging. This patch has absolutely
>> zero implications.
>
> He was referring to "make it a standalone library and add it as dependency".

I'll repeat my question: how does that change anything? We'd be making
the implementation of this more convoluted just for the sake of
working around a non-technical problem. I can't see the point.

> Note that even this case should not change anything WRT packaging, since we
> promised to re-assemble tarballs for packagers.
>
> I personally don't mind a non-intrusive patch (one that just changes the text
> in there, for example), if the translation and docs team is OK with that. This
> does not constitute a new feature to me.

Sorry but I don't understand. What text do you want to change and
where is "in there"?

> I'd suggest dropping everything in this patch that isn't strictly necessary.

Could you point me to the bits that you think aren't strictly
necessary? Because I don't see any. But maybe it's my not
understanding what Allen and you mean.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org