Fwd: Requesting freeze exception for JtG

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 22:36:52 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 22 November 2011 18:42:46 Allen Winter wrote:

> Honestly, I'm not 100% in favor of the rock hard freeze approach in
> kdelibs. But the consensus is against me on that.  So I have no power to
> reconsider.

We are talking about an exceptional case here. This is not about adding any
new functionality, but about adding an entry point for users who are willing
to support the KDE community. So I don't think the hard freeze rules apply in
the same way as for other changes to the libraries.

You say the consensuse is against you. I haven't heard any other opinions
against adding the patch than yours, though. So where exactly is the consensus
of not adding the patch?

> Another approach might be to create a libkjtg and then put in a
> hard-dependency on that.  maybe ??

Certainly not. This is a simple patch.