Add some apps to the 4.7 release?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat May 14 21:28:40 CEST 2011

good evening people,

I've been stabilizing and making ready for release some apps (in git) and I
would like to get them released in the 4.7 release compilation.
Can you help me get through the steps to make this possible? Thanks.

I have been working on several KOffice applications for well over a decade and
after the first release together with KDE2.1 the koffice team back then (which
included David Faure, and other famous people) wanted to keep a release
schedule that was slower than KDE to allow the apps to mature more between
releases.
It needs saying that there are a lot of names behind this code and you will
find hundreds of names in the commit lists of the repo in the last decode, a
significant number of whom now work in leading Qt based companies.
The time has come for the the apps to come home and be released together
with the KDE SC.

The work done since the last standalone release is mostly in making what
already was there work better and without crashes or misbehaviors. As such
users will get a significant upgrade when they get this new release.
I hope you will agree :)

The applications I am interested to see included in the release are;
* KWord
* Showcase
* KCells
As well as everything the koffice-plugins.git contains.

Thanks for reading
--
Thomas Zander