Upcoming freezes KDE 4.7

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue May 10 23:50:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 17:17:04 Allen Winter wrote:
> I'm not so sure that this is a new feature -- more like an improvement to an
> existing feature.
>
> BTW: exception requests should be sent to the Release Team (who I've CC'd)
>
> Speaking as a Release Team member, I have no problem with your exception
> request. More problematic would be the need for new translatable strings
> past the string freeze. So you may also need to coordinate with the
> translators.

Yep, if it contains new strings, translators would need notification of the
new strings. If it's getting too close to release time, it would be good to
ask if there are problems with the translations then.

> On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 01:49:01 pm Dawit A wrote:
> > The KDE 4.7 Hard Freeze date is still a couple of days away, but I am
> > going to ask for an exception. I have pending UI changes for the proxy
> > configuration dialog that will not make that date and it cannot be
> > pushed until 4.8. This item is already on the features list, but I get
> > held up fixing rather critical bugs and was not able to get around to
> > completing it. It is critical that these changes be in the 4.7 ; so I
> > am asking for an exception. They should be in place for the Beta 2
> > tagging...

I also do not see a problem with that.

Just to get a better understanding, why are these changes important?

Thanks for working on this, btw.

sebas