Commit patch to KDE/4.7 from reviewboard, no translation string and fixes two bugs

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 10 21:56:04 CEST 2011

A Saturday, July 09, 2011, Lamarque Vieira Souza va escriure:
> 	Hi all,
>
> 	Can I commit this patch to branch KDE/4.7?
> https://svn.reviewboard.kde.org/r/6513/
>
> 	It looks simple (touches only one .cpp and its .h) yet solves two bugs
> and there is no translation strings. The patch has been in revieboard for
> more than four months, it should have been applied to 4.6 already.

I don't think the release team is the one that can give you an answer to that.

As far as I can see it fixes a bug in krandr & friends. You should get the OK
from the maintainers of that code. Given that there is probably no maintainers
for it, you are probably the remaining most knowledgeable person about that
code, so anything we say it's just going to be thumbsucking answers.

So i guess the question is:
 How sure are you about this patch fixing the bug and not introducing worst
consquences?
 And in case it introduces bugs will you be around to fix them?

If the answers are "quite" and "yes", i don't see why you should not commit
it.