Heads-up: kdeutils is moving to git

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 19:34:34 UTC 2011

Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello there,
>
> kdeutils is currently in the last stages of its migration to git: the
> repositories have been created and I will do the initial pushes soon
> (but probably not tomorrow, as I'll spend most of the day flying back to
> Brazil).
>
> The applications are all going to have separate repositories, but there
> are no dependencies between the applications (ie. there is no
> libkdeutils).
>
> Nicolás Alvarez and I have recently done some changes to the buildsystem
> so that it is possible to build kdeutils both as a whole module or each
> application individually, so the 4.7 branch workflow does not need to be
> changed (I don't know how Dirk is going to create the tarballs, though).
>
> If there are objections or blocking questions, please post them here
> asap, otherwise I think the migration should be finished during the
> weekend.

kdeutils has finished moving to git; I have done the initial pushes to
all repositories and svn only has a MOVED_TO_GIT file.

As for the concerns about being able to build everything as a single
module, I've created a scratch git repository [1] containing the files that
used to be in the top-level kdeutils directory in SVN, including
CMakeLists.txt. I am open to where to put these instructions in TechBase
or anywhere else you think they are needed.

[1] $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/kdeutils-toplevel