Heads-up: kdeutils is moving to git

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Fri Aug 19 12:25:29 UTC 2011

I'm looking to migrate kdeaccessibility this weekend also.  It's mostly
ready, just polishing it a bit in svn first (making each application build
on its own or part of kdeaccessibility).  I'll backport these changes to the
4.7 branch when it's in git.

I'm wondering the same thing, kdeaccessibility has a Mainpage.dox (as did
kdeedu before it split) that we are wondering where to keep also, besides
the top CMakeLists.txt for the released tarball.  I agree a git repo for
each module makes sense rather than putting this stuff into superbuild
(which I discussed with Allen the other night). So it would be something
like this:

kdeaccessibility.git (holds CMakeLists.txt, and Mainpage.dox)
-- jovie.git
--kaccessible.git
--kmag.git
--kmousetool.git
--kmouth.git

with similar setups for kdeedu, kdegraphics, etc.

On the other hand if Dirk is going to use superbuild to do the release
tarballs we could just "dump" this non-superbuild stuff into there
Mainpage.dox, any top level README, etc. since we need to have module
specific CMakeLists.txt in there anyway for superbuild to work.

thoughts?
Jeremy