Heads-up: kdeutils is moving to git

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 08:53:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday, August 18, 2011 07:47:56 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 19:30:59 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > The applications are all going to have separate repositories, but there
> > are no dependencies between the applications (ie. there is
> > nolibkdeutils).
>
> please document clearly and publicly how to fetch and build the new set of
> repositories as one module.
>
> in the past modules that have split up like this have done so with no
> documentation as to how to recreate the "whole module" build easily which
> has  resulted in the loss of people who previously were regularly buliding
> the software.
>
> "use kdesrcbuild" and similar answers are not good enough, either: we need
> simple, straight-forward, copy-and-paste recipes to pass on to those who
> follow KDE from sources.
>
> if there is no such documentation then i'll have to object to the splitting
> of  this module. we've done enough damage to ourselves with the "split and
> worry about it later" approach.
>
> thanks for your understanding ...

We also need this from the release team POV. So if you move, please

- don't do it too shortly before tagging a patchlevel release

- let us know how we can reassemble the tarball for our release

Please check with Dirk wether it works or not, as to cause as little
disruption to our release process as possible. But you know all that, since
you've taken part in all those discussions =)

sebas