Heads-up: kdeutils is moving to git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 05:47:56 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 19:30:59 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> The applications are all going to have separate repositories, but there are
> no dependencies between the applications (ie. there is nolibkdeutils).

please document clearly and publicly how to fetch and build the new set of
repositories as one module.

in the past modules that have split up like this have done so with no
documentation as to how to recreate the "whole module" build easily which has
resulted in the loss of people who previously were regularly buliding the
software.

"use kdesrcbuild" and similar answers are not good enough, either: we need
simple, straight-forward, copy-and-paste recipes to pass on to those who
follow KDE from sources.

if there is no such documentation then i'll have to object to the splitting of
this module. we've done enough damage to ourselves with the "split and worry
about it later" approach.

thanks for your understanding ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo