Restriction for moves from svn to git.

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Sat Apr 16 19:43:43 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> ...personally I think it
> shouldn't be penalized if it takes a bit longer than that since
> any delay would be in the pursuit of greater quality, and that
> it should be allowed to migrate.

It's about a disruption in the release process (release script stability, fixed tarbal layout, stability for developers in a bugfix period), it's not about not appreciating their work.

I like things to have settled in svn or git at the time of the beta 1 tagging. If they can't make it before that day, they would need to wait 2 months until trunk opens again.

Best,
--
Tom Albers
KDE Sysadmin