Restriction for moves from svn to git.

Eike Hein hein at
Sat Apr 16 18:49:29 CEST 2011

On 04/16/2011 05:58 PM, Tom Albers wrote:
> If there are two supporters and no objections, I'll announce this next Wednesday or so.

Raphael and Nicolas currently have their eyes set on kdeutils,
and work has progressed pretty far already. They seem to think
they can pull it off before the 19th, but personally I think it
shouldn't be penalized if it takes a bit longer than that since
any delay would be in the pursuit of greater quality, and that
it should be allowed to migrate.

I'd propose to modify your policy proposal a bit: In the time-
frame you suggested, let's block all migrations that you don't
put on a white list by, say, next Wednesday, to give folks a
bit of a chance to make it known that they're currently working
on one that might fall into that timeframe. Release-team gets
to decide what goes on the white list, deciding based on whether
it has confidence that even a migration cutting it close to the
release won't be making trouble.

I'm not part of the release time, but I'd submit the kdeutils
migration as an entry on that white list based on the track re-
cord of those doing it.

Best regards,
Eike Hein

More information about the release-team mailing list