[HEADS-UP] kdepim 4.4.11

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Sat Apr 16 17:40:57 CEST 2011

On Friday 15 April 2011 17.02.50 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 15 April 2011 4:31:39 PM Will Stephenson wrote:
> > On Friday 15 Apr 2011 22:03:53 Allen Winter wrote:
> > > A recently reported bug [1] that can crash Plasma (calendar stuff)
> > > has been traced back to using the akonadi serializer built against
> > > the kcal library.
> > >
> > > We need the akonadi serializer to build against the new KCalCore
> > > library, which became available starting in kdepimlibs 4.6.
> > >
> > > Bottom Line: As this is a nasty bug, I have been convinced to make a
> > > 4.4.11 release. Expected Delivery: 18 April (approx)
> > >
> > > PIMsters: if you want to make bug fixes in 4.4, feel free (within
> > > the usual rules)
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up.  Is this in 4.4. branch already?
>
> Beginnings of the fix are starting to show up in the 4.4 git branch already,
> yes. There is still some CMake magic left to figure out, but krop and
> sergio are on it.

Also please note that the runtime directory in the kdepim git is NOT to be
used for anything, it will be deleted as soon as some stray commits are ported
to the kdepim-runtime git. It is this (kdepim-runtime) that is the home of the
/runtime/ directory that in the svn days were in kdepim.

/Regards
Torgny