can kdebase-4.5.4 depend on kdelibs >= 4.5.4?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 14:45:36 CET 2010

Hey,

On Sunday, November 28, 2010 17:16:47 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Minor_Point_Release_Policy/Draft
>
> Yes the problem is that the policy contradicts what we are doing in
> reality.  That's why there wasn't consensus.

To me, it sounds pretty much like how we've been handling things. I don't
recall us accepting API changes after the API freeze (*and* after the
subsequent .0 release). My memory might be playing tricks here, though, so
please feel free to correct me.

Otherwise, I think Jonathan's proposal is a reasonable policy that will make
our lives easier (rgd. BC, SC and also proper functioning of our bindings).

sebas