libkmap and libkface moved to kdereview

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 14:43:34 CET 2010

Hi KDE teams,

This summer, digiKam team has work on 2 new features : face detection
and reverse geo-coding.

These features have been implemented during Google Summer of code 2010.
You can see more information at these pages :

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/CodingSprint2010

For Face detection we have implemented a shared library named "libkface"

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/libkface/

For Reverse-Geocoding we have implemented another shared library named "libkmap"

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/libkmap/

Both libraries have been hosted in a dedicated branch from KDE
subversion repository. Following Albert Astals Cid tips from
review-team mailing list, i moved this code to trunk/kdereview for 2
weeks. Code is open for review by KDE developers.

The plan is to include libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs with
KDE 4.7. These libraries are shared between digiKam/kipi-plugins, and
of course with others part of KDE applications.

As you can see, in digiKam and kipi-plugins 2.0 release plan targeted
for may 2011, but this can be delayed if problem occurs :

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan

Remember that digiKam team already maintain 3 shared libraries named
libkipi, libkexiv2, and
libkdcraw into kdegraphics/libs.

if all is fine, somebody can plan to patch KDE 4.7 plan to include
this libraries in TODO list ?

Thanks in advance

Gilles Caulier
digiKam team