Move kdeplasma-addons to git - take 2

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Sun Nov 7 22:36:35 CET 2010

Hi!

Quoting "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>:
> a) thanks for working on this

:D

> b) this is going to force us to define our desired workflow for plasma now
> that we have git. more on that later, and i think an irc meeting for that is
> in order, in fact.

+1. I think that we can come up with an easy and straight forward
workflow based on git.

Quoting Tom Albers <toma at kde.org>:
> KDEPIM will switch on December 22, the day after the branch is
> created for the 4.6 cycle. I suggest for now to match their schedule
> so the 4.6.x will keep coming from svn and the 4.7 comes from git.
>
> Matching it also has it advantages regarding notifying developers of
> the important changes and maybe the promo team can do something with
> that too. But that's all minor.

Sounds like a good idea to follow KDEPIM guys. As we are not going to
add/remove stuff from the module as it will be frozen (no code coming
from kdereview or being deleted from the repo), we wouldn't need to
change anything on the rules file (and that's great :) ).

Cheers!

PS: as soon as I finish the conversion that is running right now I'll
push the code to my "scratch area" so you can take a look at the repo,
check the history and then point if you find any errors/mismatches
(the last try was 100% successful, just changing the names of the
branches to match the ones of other modules and doing another test
with the rules file).