Delaying KDEPIM 4.5

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu May 20 17:26:28 CEST 2010

Howdy,

As requested, we have been left out of the 4.5 beta1 tagging.

However, we still need to keep to all the freezes and release rules.
Specifically:
1) we are in a feature freeze
2) we are in an soft API freeze (if you must, but make sure to notify the kde-bindings people)
3) we are in a soft message freeze (you can fix clearly broken strings -- NO new strings)
4) The handbook freeze is coming in about 2 weeks.

We are in super-duper bug-fixing mode and we need to continue working the data migration issues.
Our current plan is to release Technology Previews on our own and then do a final release
aligned with  KDE SC 4.5.1 or 4.5.2.

So let's continue fixing those bugs!

-Allen

PS: Volker will be making a new features branch so the mobile stuff can continue development there.

--
Allen Winter | allen at kdab.net | Software Engineer
KDAB (USA), LLC, a KDAB Group company