coordinating kdelibs

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 18 01:50:04 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:16:35PM -0500, Vikram Dhillon wrote:
> So I would like to step up and help
> coordinate kdelibs, I stumbled across the release team page and saw
> that kdelibs need help. I understand this a pretty complicated task,
> but I think I can handle it so how can I get started with kdelibs.

kde-core-devel is the place to discuss kdelibs rather than this list.

It's not clear what you mean by "getting started with kdelibs" but
anything involving kdelibs is a significant step up from other parts
of KDE.  If you are looking at bugs for kdelibs or phonon do treat
carefully, likewise if improving the API docs then make sure someone
very familiar with the classes eyes it over first.

You should probably stay with more user-focused modules until you get
more experience, a mistake in kdelibs affects everyone.

Jonathan