[kde-promo] release PR update

Franz Keferböck franz.keferboeck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:26:44 CET 2010

Hi all,

this is a sign of life again from me (i've been virtually dead the
last year++, not just in KDE land) and i'd like to address the "buzz"
thing.

Out of a notion - and the fact that i couldn't look at the current
buzz.kde.org site as it kept on killing my browser I tried to use my
"spare time" to reimplement something like it again - yet cleaner and
faster. I guess I managed to, sent the results to Lydia who also
included Tom Albers in the discussion on finishing it. Nuno blessed
the Design (mostly a copy of the orignial anyways, just a couple if
details he had to check, mainly with the item's layout and design). I
made it all GPL and included the license with all source files (those
I wrote, there's also one PHP from the web
[http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=198  BSD Licensed]
and of course mootools [http://www.mootools.net  MIT License] included
as they are from the original websites). The code works fairly well
and i've not yet had any real issues since the last bugs Jos
Poortvliet found where ironed out. That was what i then committed to
svn (/home/kde/trun/www/sites/buzz) as that's where TomA pointed me
to. He was noticed by Lydia about it, i'll try to catch him today to
see what's still there.

If you want to have a look on what it is like now, point your browser
to http://www.isis-marketing.at/buzz/

The last issue i can see is that the icons in the top row are all the
same - which is in fact the "dot" icon from planetkde. I'd appreciate
if you could point me to the correct icons for the other websites to
be included.

I'll be on IRC all day long today (at least till 4pm CET, maybe
longer, no long travelling or flight planning or such today), channels
#kde-promo, #oxygen, #kde-www and #kde-devel (still fkefer there ;-).

Good to find my way back again, really, i felt SO bad already, but i
couldn't help, my private life was going down for some time, and as
that stopped my company kept sending me to all different places all
over the world, with little internet for private use yet lots of
interesting things to see... nice tradeoff, yet not for KDE.

So "Hi, i'm trying to find my way back" to ya all (instead of bye)

On 5 February 2010 20:06, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A quick update on where we stand, release-PR-wise. The release announcement itself is
> done, and now being translated by various local teams, the first translations are
> already trickling in. I've sent a scoop (announcement text, screenshots, screencasts)
> out to our press two days ago, so that those people get some time to prepare their
> coverage, there was some feedback that it's useful already -- good.
>
> Meanwhile, Lydia and Alexandra are preparing our social networks campaign.
> buzz.kde.org will again feature a micro-blogging lifestream. (I'm not 100% up to date
> about the status here, but assume "on schedule").
>
> The webteam is cracking away at the new website, which will be released shortly
> before the 4.4.0 release, so we're getting it all in a whole new fresh look, and what
> is more important: with a lot of updated, rewritten and better structured content
> around it.
>
> We're also still working on a more detailed visual feature guide, so people who want
> more in-depth, from the source information about KDE 4.4 can get some. The text is
> mostly there (g-docs), it's being html-ified and brushed up now.
>
> I think things are looking rather good. Thanks everybody involved for the hard work!
>
> Cheers,
> --
> sebas
>
> http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9