release PR update

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 20:06:09 CET 2010

Hi,

A quick update on where we stand, release-PR-wise. The release announcement itself is
done, and now being translated by various local teams, the first translations are
already trickling in. I've sent a scoop (announcement text, screenshots, screencasts)
out to our press two days ago, so that those people get some time to prepare their
coverage, there was some feedback that it's useful already -- good.

Meanwhile, Lydia and Alexandra are preparing our social networks campaign.
buzz.kde.org will again feature a micro-blogging lifestream. (I'm not 100% up to date
about the status here, but assume "on schedule").

The webteam is cracking away at the new website, which will be released shortly
before the 4.4.0 release, so we're getting it all in a whole new fresh look, and what
is more important: with a lot of updated, rewritten and better structured content
around it.

We're also still working on a more detailed visual feature guide, so people who want
more in-depth, from the source information about KDE 4.4 can get some. The text is
mostly there (g-docs), it's being html-ified and brushed up now.

I think things are looking rather good. Thanks everybody involved for the hard work!

sebas