[Nepomuk] kde-4.4, virtuoso-6.1.0, and virtuosoconverter

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 01:59:23 CET 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 23:18:18 Sebastian Trueg wrote:

> >> Distro's who have provided RC's to their users are now more or less
> >> obliged to run that script. Virtuoso was made a hard dependency (at
> >> least for anyone compiling kdepim) so all svn users also need to
> >> update.
> >

> > Bottom line is that distros will probably shop Virtuoso 6 to their
> > end-users anyway,  so we need to make sure it works well with it. I
> > don't think it's as easy as saying "it's too late to require V6",
> > because it's not. Note that I don't like the situation, but to me it's
> > more complex ...
> >
> > There's also the question what we require. As far as I know, KDE 4.4.0
> > works with  virtuoso 5 and 6, so what would be natural is requiring at
> > least V5, recommending V6 (for the upgrade path, BUT we haven't tested
> > it yet).
>
> And that is exactly what is happening. It works with both v5 and v6 but
> nobody will package v5. Thus the converter.

After using the converter, I don't get search results anymore. Listing tags works,
but queries fail with

"/home/sebas/kdesvn/install/bin/nepomukservicestub(30328)" Error in thread 2958723952
: "SQLExecDirect failed on query 'sparql  select distinct ?p where { { ?p a
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Property> . ?p
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label> ?l . ?l bif:contains "'hastag*'" . }
UNION { ?p a <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Property> .
FILTER(REGEX(STR(?p),'hastag*','i')) . } }' (iODBC Error: [OpenLink][Virtuoso iODBC
Driver][Virtuoso Server]SQ200: Table referenced in contains does not have a text

Any hint?
--
sebas