4.5.0 Delayed Until Tuesday, 10th August 2010

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Wed Aug 4 17:26:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After discussing the amount of changes that have gone into the 4.5 branch
> post-RC3, the release team has decided to wait another couple of days for
> things to settle down and to re-tag the 4.5.0 release from branch in a bit
> more than an hour, at 1600 UTC. We'll push the further schedule for the 4.5
> series for 1 week as well. The current plan for 4.6.x is not affected.
>
> There was a number of last-minute changes introduced we didn't feel completely
> comfortable shipping. Also, delaying the release a bit gives us the chance to
> have zero-day packages available for more OSen than we'd have with only about
> 24h head-time for packagers, and will likely lead to better and more complete
> material for the press to be available and seeded early.
>
> Please have another good look for what you'd consider a show-stopper for the
> 4.5.0 release. Also, if you have any last-minute change you consider serious
> enough to go into the 4.5.0 release, please commit this *now* to ther 4.5
> branch (don't forget to forward-port into trunk), and failing to make that
> deadline, email us via release-team at kde.org.
>
> Thanks for your understanding,

I guess that this is good for KDE 4.5.0, unfortunately it is bad
for Slackware, because I am going on holiday end of this week, and by
now am fed up with endless rebuilds of 4.5.0 packages, only to find
that it was all in vain because you are re-tagging the release.
Oh well, I'll wait for 4.5.1. That'll keep me sane.

Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl