4.5.0 Delayed Until Tuesday, 10th August 2010
sebas at kde.org
Wed Aug 4 16:54:03 CEST 2010
After discussing the amount of changes that have gone into the 4.5 branch
post-RC3, the release team has decided to wait another couple of days for
things to settle down and to re-tag the 4.5.0 release from branch in a bit
more than an hour, at 1600 UTC. We'll push the further schedule for the 4.5
series for 1 week as well. The current plan for 4.6.x is not affected.
There was a number of last-minute changes introduced we didn't feel completely
comfortable shipping. Also, delaying the release a bit gives us the chance to
have zero-day packages available for more OSen than we'd have with only about
24h head-time for packagers, and will likely lead to better and more complete
material for the press to be available and seeded early.
Please have another good look for what you'd consider a show-stopper for the
4.5.0 release. Also, if you have any last-minute change you consider serious
enough to go into the 4.5.0 release, please commit this *now* to ther 4.5
branch (don't forget to forward-port into trunk), and failing to make that
deadline, email us via release-team at kde.org.
Thanks for your understanding,
http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
More information about the release-team