KDE 4.4 Beta1 Tagging ahead

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 15:29:58 CET 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 15:04:05 Allen Winter wrote:

> > ok, I'll tag tonight Beta1. Okay with everyone?
>
> Not ok with me.
> Not until we have a fix for qtbug-5588 in kde-qt and I have a little bit of
> time to make sure KOrganizer can work again with that fix.
>
> Ordinarily I wouldn't be such a pain about an upstream bug, but in this
> case I need the warm-fuzzy of seeing KOrganizer run again before
> calling it "beta".

I think an upstream bug should not hold up our beta release. We can add this
information to the announcement, so it's clear that korganizer doesn't work. As it's
one relatively isolated issue, the patch is already queued in Qt (ha!) and we clearly
say "this eats kittens (cittens)", I think that it's OK to move forward. Holding up
the beta doesn't buy us anything at this point, it will just get us less testing.

One thing I'd be interested in, to gauge the worst case scenario, when is Qt 4.6.1
planned? Hopefully before our planned 4.4.0 release date ...
--
sebas