Where to put a lib?

Michael Bobanovic bobanovic.michael at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 19 04:48:06 CET 2009

--- Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> schrieb am Mi, 18.3.2009:
Von: Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>
Betreff: Re: Where to put a lib?
An: "Jeff Mitchell" <mitchell at kde.org>
CC: "KDE release coordination" <release-team at kde.org>
Datum: Mittwoch, 18. März 2009, 12:07

On Monday 16 March 2009 5:33:38 pm you wrote:
> Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > Allen Winter wrote:
> >> Redirecting to the release team...

> >> Is it Qt-only?
> >> If so, it could certainly go into kdesupport.
> >
> > Well, it's Taglib-only.  Its only hard dependency is Taglib,
which
> > itself is in kdesupport.
> >
> > It does have optional support for KDE integration (where it uses
> > KMimeType to help figure out what type of file it is), but this
defaults
> > to Off.
> >
> > Still kdesupport material?
>
> If there are no objections to the optional KDE integration in
> Taglib-Extras by tomorrow, I will move it to kdesupport.

Jeff,

Just keep in mind that kdesupport is not a dumping ground.
Typically, you must manage everything yourself there.

For example, you need to handle tagging and packaging yourself,
as that is not done automatically.  Of course, there are those
here who can help you.

--
Allen Winter | Software Engineer | 1-888-872-9339
KDAB, Inc. | "Platform-independent software solutions"

With amarok will be nice that came with EQ. that will be very nice what you think?

Mike