rc2?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jun 30 14:59:27 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 13:43:18 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> We used to have the rule that the packages are not supposed to be published
> before we announce them, but the enforcement of that got lost meanwhile.

We used to only put them into a testing or special unstable repository. If
that's a problem we can hold any packages back until the official
announcement.

About RC2: That wouldn't be a bad idea to check for regressions etc..

Another idea: What about weekly snapshots within the RC stage and forget about
the one week delay for distributions? This way you might get a lot more last
minute feedback.

--

Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre