[Kde-pim] kdepim runtime

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jun 16 16:48:09 CEST 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 5:47:03 pm Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi DIrk, *
>
> As discussed today, we would like to have a kdepim-runtime tarball, we would like to have it contain the content of /trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi. It should be able to compile stand alone and only contains the stuff that is a runtime dependency for akonadi application.
>
> That way for example Mailody can depend on that package instead of depending on the whole of kdepim.
>
> We should decide about the renaming kdepim/akonadi to kdepim/runtime/akonadi or we could create a kdepim-runtime next to kdepim as top level folder. I really don't care about what solution will be taken as I can not oversee the build consequences at all. So I think the experts should give their opinion about that.
>
> I hope we can do this for the 4.3 releases. Does not have to be for the tagged beta of course, althought that would be nice for the packagers to adapt to the change.

PIMSters,
How are we doing on this?

The RC1 tagging is coming in about 1 week.
We need a complete separation of kdepim-runtime code in place before then.

Last I heard, there were still 2 blockers of stuff in kdepim/akonadi that was
dependent on other areas in kdepim.

Please advise on the status of this project.

-Allen