KDE 4.3 Beta2 tagged and tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Thu Jun 4 10:08:40 CEST 2009

On Thursday 04 June 2009 03:07:48 Benoit Jacob wrote:
> kdeedu (step) relies on the development version of eigen, that will
> become eigen 2.1.
> but eigen 2.1 won't be released before kde 4.3.

I'm quite puzzled by this, especially since it, as I see it, was Eigen people
who ported step from gmm to eigen.

I see the following possibilities:
1) step don't get released with 4.3.
2) eigen people start to work fast to revert the porting of step to eigen back
    to gmm
3) eigen people start to work fast to get a stable release out before 4.3,
    maybe just backporting the needed things to 2.0 ?

I really think that packaging a snapshot or packaging unstable releases is the
very wrong approach here.

/Sune
--
Do you know how to doubleclick with the hard disk to the display from
Photoshop 5000?

You should never receive a TCP/IP board for overclocking the GUI.