KDE 4.3 Beta2 tagged and tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 03:07:48 CEST 2009

2009/6/3 Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm at wp.pl>:
> On Wednesday 03 of June 2009 22:24:05 Ingmar Vanhassel wrote:
>
>> At least kdebase-runtime [1], and kdebindings [2] fail here if I use the
>> latest soprano release. Is soprano trunk required or will a soprano release
>> follow?
>
> Further "yet unstatisfied" (but at least listed in CMakeLists.txt)
> dependencies for 4.3 seem to be:
> - yet unreleased eigen for kdeedu/step

Armin Berres drew my attention on this on #eigen. Though I'm
subscribed to this list, I don't read it frequently so please CC me if
you want to make sure I read it...

kdeedu (step) relies on the development version of eigen, that will
become eigen 2.1.
but eigen 2.1 won't be released before kde 4.3.

Possible solutions:

a) you package whatever is in kdesupport at a given time. We guarantee
that, until the eigen 2.1 release, we keep in kdesupport whatever is
needed to build trunk/KDE. We resync it as needed (refresher: eigen
development now happens outside of kde svn and the kdesupport version
will be removed after our 2.1 release)

or:

b) we can make unstable releases, like "eigen 2.0.60", as needed. Ask
us on the eigen mailing list, or the eigen forum on forum.kde.org if
you don't want to subscribe. Notice that Step uses experimental parts
of eigen for which the API is only 99% stable so it can take some
fixing to make Step work against latest eigen; but since it's just a
template library, everything can be handled with #ifdefs.

Cheers,
Benoit