Kdevelop Beta

Ingmar Vanhassel ingmar at exherbo.org
Wed Jan 28 15:04:14 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 02:25:51PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> a) merge the fix into the tag and ask dirk to replace the existing 3.9.90
> tarballs
> b) create a new 3.9.90.1 tag and get tarballs for that
> c) create a 3.9.91 tag+tarballs.
>
> Any suggestions? Ideally I'd do a), but as the tarballs are already on
> ftp.kde.org I fear that people might already use them and not notice the
> change when they're replaced. There's not been an announcement yet for the
> beta, but that might still be a case.
>
> Andreas

Making changes to already public tarballs is quite annoying for
packagers, so please don't do a).
A source distribution like Gentoo has Manifests for all downloaded
sources, specifically so that they catch switched tarballs before
they're installed on users' systems. They still do neeed to be downloaded
though, and it still causes hassle downstream.

Regards,
Ingmar