KDE 4.2 and Qt 4.4 and qt-copy patches

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Sat Jan 24 05:43:40 CET 2009

Hi *

Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Hi.
>
> qt-copy contains few patches that are really recommended if we want to run
> KDE 4.2 with Qt 4.4 without getting crashes here and there.
>
> Since there is no schedule of a Qt 4.4.4 anytime soon (Qt Software is
> quite busy with Qt 4.5 and stuff), we may want to recommend distribution
> do ship some patches from qt-copy in our release notes.
>
> What do you think ?

Did this progress? I got yet feedback by 2 guys using 4.4.3 that plasma
crashes reproducable at the startup (very bad first impression) for them and
myself was able to reproduce it till ~2 weeks ago and it's gone since I did
apply the patches from qt-copy...

I _assume_ (not tested cause I miss time atm but based on the backtraces I
saw) that one of the following patches does fix that issue;
0254-fix-qgraphicsproxywidget-deletion-crash.diff (Will be included in 4.4.4)
0260-fix-qgraphicswidget-deletionclearFocus.diff (Will be included in 4.4.4)