The road to 4.3

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 01:00:56 CET 2009

A Dissabte 03 Gener 2009, Tom Albers va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I've put up a schedule for 4.3.
>
> As we have Akademy on 3rd of July, I've planned to have released RC1 by
> that date, as we branch at that stage, trunk is open for features during
> Akademy.
>
> I've cancelled the Alfa release, as it brings almost no feedback. We can
> add it to the schedule later on when we see some massive code changes in
> 4.3, which warrants an extra release.
>
> Let me know when the schedule is wrong for some reason.
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.3_Release_Schedule
>
> I'ld like to announce this schedule to k-c-d by the end of next week.

An artist complained to me today that the Artwork freeze is after the Message
freeze but most of the times new Artwork needs new Messages so either we add
an explicit allowance for breaking the Message freeze or we add an explicit
warning that the Artwork Freeze can't touch any Message.

Albert