About Kamala

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Mon Apr 13 02:54:11 CEST 2009

On Sunday 12 April 2009 18:50:37 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Hi. Stanislas Marquis, cc'ed on this message, is working on an
> astrological application for KDE, named Kamala.

> But as mentioned by Stanislas above, the application is now starting to
> become functional, and we need to find a place for it.

> So... what now? kdetoys and kdeutils do not seem right.

Well if we were to call this a KDE application at all then what's wrong with
kdetoys (without trying to sound like flamebait here but I don't think it meets
the definition of kdeedu).  I would hardly start a new KDE/ module for it as
well.

However that's all kind of moot as I think extragear would be the best place
for it, as long as Stanislas doesn't mind having to do the release process.  I
agree that no existing extragear category seems to apply.  I've heard
extragear/extra recommended, which I would agree with.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne