kdesupport rearrangement

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Sep 29 13:52:29 CEST 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008, Mark Constable wrote:
> On 2008-09-29, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> > The only nitpick is that there is a risk of confusion between
> > /tags/kdesupport-for-trunk and /trunk/kdesupport, which is why I also
> > suggested to move /trunk/kdesupport to /branches/kdesupport (or
> > whatever you feel is appropriate).
>
> The versioned kdesupport tags are great but /tags/kdesupport-for-trunk
> will be updated over time and tags shouldn't really be changed. Just
> a suggestion...
>
>  /branches/kdesupport-devel
>  /branches/kdesupport-stable

But if it's called branches, then people will be tempted to fix bugs directly in it etc.

I agree that a tag that gets updated is a bit unusual (although, well, we do that for releases
before the release is done), however a "use but don't modify" branch is unusual too...

tags/kdesupport-devel
tags/kdesupport-stable

might be an idea (no "trunk" in there so less confusion with trunk/kdesupport indeed)
but then we would lose the "kdesupport for 4.1" once kde-4.2 comes out.
This is why I liked kdesupport-for-4.1, because we can have kdesupport-for-4.2 in parallel.