Qt 4.5 and KDE 4.2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 20:18:17 CEST 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> In rescheduling the 4.2 release, it seems we missed the fact that by moving
> the schedule forward, we can no longer depend on Qt 4.5. I wonder if that
> is the right thing to do. What would be the disadvantage to revert this
> change (besides me looking silly), and having a 5 month 4.3 cycle?

3 months of devel and 2 months of freeze? i suppose it could work for one
release. rather tight, but better than altering 4.2 at this point as that is
going to screw over at least a couple major KDE projects that do actual
planning ahead of time (PIM and Plasma) and likely others.

the KDE imaging people are planning a sprint in november as well.. i believe
that time was chosen in part due to the previous schedule.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se