Release Goals

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:54:39 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 November 2008 06:29:23 Allen Winter wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Here are the Release Goals for 4.2.
>> Please send me an update on them:  keep;  remove; move to 4.3 Goals
>> Also, please send me any 4.3 Goals that you have.
>>
>> * KDevelop and KDevplatform modules
>> ^^ late, but will sorta be part of 4.2.  right?
>>
>> * Decibel VOIP and real-time communication framework
>>

> keep, i think. Other people are more knowledgeable about this than I am
> though. Note that nothing in a KDE/* module uses Decibel yet, that i'm aware
> of.

Much as I'd like to say 'keep' to this, I don't know if I can really
back it up. There is nothing
in KDE (apart from experimental stuff that won't make 4.2) that
actually uses Decibel,
so its quite hard to justify it. I'll defer to Tobias Hunger on this
though, if his opinion differs from
mine.

---
George Goldberg