Artwork freeze

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Fri May 9 23:11:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Sebastian Kuegler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 09 May 2008 20:58:48 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > I'd like a clarification on the artwork freeze. What is it and what is it
> > for?
>

> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule#July_8th.2C_2008:_Artwork_Freeze
>
> This looks rather reasonable to me.
>
> Artwork is things like themes for games, SVGs for plasmoids (those that
> don't
> require code changes, maybe modulo some pixel tweaking), wallpapers, plasma
> themes, color schemes, icons (*). The Oxygen style should probably be
> well-frozen for it being critical and affected by code freeze.
>
> (*) not sure about icons, especially when there are new icons for missing
> ones.

I guess they should go in too, why not?

> > For when stuff like the oxygen cursor set need be merged?
>
> The release schedule says July 8th. Thought for 'bigger things' such as the
> mouse cursors, merging sooner is better. The Oxygen cursors look rather
> complete and usable, I've been using them for months now. Why haven't they
> gone in long ago? :>

Because while they're mostly done on most shapes, they still need
approximately
4-5 days of work which I'm continuously procrastinating in favor of things
like krunner and
other things that are subject to the freeze. ;-)
Therefore, I'd like to do some planning, to be able to prioritize...
I will try to merge those as soon as I can though.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: