Artwork freeze

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 9 22:35:27 CEST 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 20:58:48 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> I'd like a clarification on the artwork freeze. What is it and what is it
> for?

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule#July_8th.2C_2008:_Artwork_Freeze

This looks rather reasonable to me.

Artwork is things like themes for games, SVGs for plasmoids (those that don't
require code changes, maybe modulo some pixel tweaking), wallpapers, plasma
themes, color schemes, icons (*). The Oxygen style should probably be
well-frozen for it being critical and affected by code freeze.

(*) not sure about icons, especially when there are new icons for missing
ones.

> For when stuff like the oxygen cursor set need be merged?

The release schedule says July 8th. Thought for 'bigger things' such as the
mouse cursors, merging sooner is better. The Oxygen cursors look rather
complete and usable, I've been using them for months now. Why haven't they
gone in long ago? :>
--
sebas