the future of kdetoys

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri May 9 16:48:26 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2008, um 13:01 Uhr, schrieb Stefan Böhmann:
> > > 8. kteatime
> > > I ported this application to KDE4 and took care of it since then.
> >
> > No objections to moving kteatime into kdeutils, if Friedrich is ok with
> > that. Or to extragear.
>
> Ok - I prefer to move kteatime and amor to extragear/utils.

Just curious: Why extragear and not a base package like kdeutils? Or kdegames
for amor?

kdetoys could also be revived as container for all the rather entertaining
resourcekilller^Wanimations^Wscreensaver plugins or window FXs, so amor would
give a lead to all them there.

Most important: I propose to delay 4.1 until there is an eyes plasmoid in
kdebase. It would be a shame and a break with the X/KDE traditions if there
isn't. It would be right outrageous. I would stop using Linux and go back to
Win98.

Alright, there is http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KEyes?content=51493
for a save. But it doesn't use any kdelibs, just don't think of Plasma...

Friedrich